The Health & Safety Plan and Health & Safety Folder are an integral part of a project’s documentation and must be available at the work site.
Contents of Health & Safety Plan and Health & Safety Folder
The Health & Safety Plan includes Health & Safety rules that will be implemented in the construction site, specific corrective measures that need to be implemented against hazardous activities as well as data for:
- Safe crossing in construction site’s workplaces and safe access to each working position.
- Description of the project’s tasks
- Pedestrian and vehicle circulation in the construction site
- Analysis of the methods used in each project’s task
- Establishment of storage spaces and means of waste disposal
- Establishment of restrooms, dining areas and First Aid stations
- Scaffolding construction study
The Health & Safety Folder includes:
- Projects’ registry and its technical description
- Plans “as built”
- Products’ registers
- Health & Safety guidelines that must be considered in future activities of the construction projects, i.e. maintenance, cleaning etc.
Special Studies of Health & Safety Projects
Ι. Occupational Safety & Health Management Organization System
The Occupational Health & Safety Organization and Management System, is described in ΔΙΠΑΔ/οικ.889/14.01.2003 regarding “Prevention and Management of occupational hazards in public works’ construction”. The contractor must implement the Occupational Health & Safety Organization and Management System at the project in order to minimize the occupational risk.
The minimum requirements of the Occupational Safety & Health Management Organization System are:
- Declaration of Health and Safety Policy
- Appointment of Safety Officers, Safety Coordinators and Occupational Physicians
- Subcontractors’ H&S management system
- Safety procedures regarding accident investigation, first aid, personnel training, etc.
- Safety Guidelines in working activities and necessary, specialized studies required
- Project’s H&S schedule of audits and meetings
- Full conduction of Health & Safety Plan and Health & Safety Folder
- Detailed documentation of hazardous sources and risk assessment for each task and subtask of the project
- Project’s operation and maintenance manual, upon each activities’ completion
ΙΙ. Hygiene & Safety Measures’ Study for underground projects
The Hygiene & Safety Measures’ Study for underground projects and the Health & Safety Plan of subcontractors are foreseen in the Π.Δ. 225/1989 concerning “Health and safety in underground technical works”.
The Hygiene & Safety Measures’ Study contains a forecast of the general risks as well as the risks per phase of the project, as well as the required measures to prevent them.
The study includes:
- the analysis of the construction process in phases
- the working methods by phase
- the analysis of underlining and support methods
- access to the construction site
- the ventilation study and the lighting study
- the location of the warehouses of flammable and explosive materials